Tuesday, 13 December 2011
* 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana (about 8” long banana)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon melted ghee or butter
* 1/8 teaspoon crushed cardamom powder
* Pinch of salt
* 3 tablespoons coarsely ground almonds about 18 almonds
* Approx ¾ cup whole-wheat flour
* Approx ¾ cup all purpose flour
* Oil to fry
* Peel and mash the banana, add the sugar, almond, butter, salt and cardamom mix it well.
* Add whole-wheat flour and all-purpose flour to the banana mix and make a firm and smooth dough. Keep it aside for about 2 hours.
* Grease the fingers and knead the dough for a minute and divide in four equal parts.
* Roll them into 8” diameter and cut them in about 2” diameter, using a cookie cutter.
* Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. To check the heat if oil is ready put one piece of dough in oil, dough should sizzle and come up slowly.
* Fry the puries few at a time don’t over crowd the frying pan. Puries will puff and fry them till they are dark brown from all around. It will take about 2 minutes to fry every batch.
* Take them out over paper towel so it can absorb the extra oil.
* Puries are ready.